Tut, tut
Looks like rain. Again.

I try not to complain about the weather in San Francisco. It rarely drops below 55 during the day and almost never tops 75. Sure, we get our summer in September and our winter in July, but generally life here is peachy.
But this rain is really getting out of hand. We had rain on 26 of March's 31 days, and April is on pace for record rainfall. We've had wind. And hail. And thunder. The Giants have rained out back-to-back games for the first time since they moved to San Francisco.
Since deciding to move to Chicago, I've laughed extra hard when Californians gripe about the weather. When I tell them that I'm moving, they almost invariably say, "Oh, but it's so cold there in the winter!"
To which I reply, "That's okay, it's excruciatingly hot in the summer, so it all balances out." It surprises me how few people know that the Midwest gets as hot as it does.
Now, though, I'm relishing the thought of moving to Chicago, for the weather. My cousin informs me it was 75 and sunny today, and she was in her backyard planting flowers. Sounds good to me!
2 Comments:
80 and sunny today here in Chicagoland. Get out your shorts!
And so it begins. A rite of passage, really. When such a move is being made, the mind begins to accentuate the negative of the departed and play up the positives of the destination.
I've seen it time and time again.
Waaah!! Too much rain in SF!
Hee hee. I hope you guys keep the comments open on this blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home