Chicago Girls Play it Fast and Loose

Like, oh. my. god. I unpacked my 6-year old's backpack this evening and found this teddy bear inside. Fairly certain it did not come from our house (aka "Boyville"), I questioned Baxter. "Oh, that's a birthday present. From Trinity." Aha, of course. Trinity. The same little girl who sent him home with a pipe cleaner bracelet - made with two colors twisted together, a sign of true love, I'm sure - and some sort of feather concoction that just screamed, "I'm studying Native American history in school." She really knows how to go all out when that special someone celebrates his birthday.
This comes on the heels of a random declaration by two 3rd grade girls who approached our babysitter to say that they think Baxter is "really cute" and they "like to watch him on the playground". Yes, you heard it right: third grade girls.
So while I could simply say that girls are a lot more sophisticated than they used to be, or conclude that I was more shy at their age, I've chosen to declare Chicago girls "fast and loose" because, well, it's a lot more fun.
But the good news is, they have extremely good taste.
2 Comments:
Uhm, as the mother of a Chicago Girl, you are totally scaring me. Anya has been told she's not allowed to date until she's 35, but now I guess I know the warning signs that she's sneaking behind our backs--bracelet making and teddy bear giving....
Don't worry, Anya is obviously the exception to the rule on this one. We'll all make sure of that! Just keep an eye on the bracelet-making and feather concoctions. ;-) Of course, should she choose to give anything like that to Lyle, we'll accept the gifts with open arms!
Post a Comment
<< Home