The Boxes, They Have Arrived
Some boxes were purchased this afternoon, and many have been filled. And so here we are again, just 7 months later. There has been a strange mix of emotion about this. At times, I am full of positive energy, loading up those boxes to take our things to our very own house (finally!), and happy that we can bring carloads of boxes ahead of time to gradually move our worldly belongings. But then, suddenly, one of us sighs, somewhat overwhelmed by having to do this all again so soon. Had we known the week we moved in that we'd have to leave before the year was out, there are some things we never would've unpacked, and we probably would have a lot fewer curtains up right now. And it's just a huge job to move a family of four, there's no way around it. Not to mention costly. This time we'll do as much as we can ourselves. You know, in our "spare time".
I also hate to uproot the kids again, although obviously this is a far easier move than the last one. But when I stopped to count today, I realized that this will be Baxter's 5th home in 6 years (the first 4 are shown above). Gulp. I may need to pretend later on, when it's time to explain this to him, that Daddy was in the Army. Or just add a few hundred bucks to the Therapy Jar right now. Either way, my hope is that in another 6 years we'll be able to say that this was the official end of the Moving Insanity.
And so, despite the excitement of the house closing coming up later this week, in spite of the great fun we had yesterday shopping for a new living room rug and dining room table, I find that I am a lot more tired than usual. I am not sure if this is physical, due to all the packing, or emotional. I think I can guess.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home