Saturday, February 03, 2007

Wow! I'm a Super Fan!



Oh, my God. That is so not true.

I couldn't care less about football, da Bears, or da Superbowl. But it's cracking me up, the random places I hear a "Go Bears!" cheer: a preschool teacher wishing her class a good weekend; the pastor of our church at the end of her sermon; the folks selling StreetWise on the corner. I am definitely not accustomed to living in a sports-oriented city. (That's an understatement.)

The news coverage has been particularly rich. This evening, a local news station showed a friggin' orangutan rejecting a Colts shirt in favor of a Bears shirt. Well that clinches the deal: now I'm sure they'll win.

And this "Bear Down, Chicago Bears" song? (The Burley PTA sent that YouTube link to the entire parent community in preparation for a rousing rendition of it that will take place tomorrow morning, win or lose.) Eeeww. I'm sorry, but "bear down"? All I can think of is the quarterback sitting on the can before the big game. And now, thanks to me, so will you.

Go Bears! (or whatever.)

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

"Bear down"? Makes me think of labor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home