A Little Ho Ho Ho

My co-worker and I threw a holiday party today for all of the kids we work with. They came with their parents and brought their siblings, so there were almost 30 kids, all told. It was a wonderful event, held at My Gym, a large gymnastics space where the kids could run and have a great time together in a very safe environment. Matt and the kids joined the party, which was really fun for me. It was funny to be there as a parent and a therapist at the same time, but I enjoy introducing my family to the families I am so closely involved with, and my clients' families always love to meet them. Among some of the generous gifts I received today were presents for my kids, which was very sweet.
Towards the end, Santa arrived with gifts for all the children (these were provided by the parents). Baxter and Lyle were thrilled to see Santa, and in order to help Baxter get over his fear I had told him in advance that this wasn't the real Santa (who is too busy this time of year to attend a party, of course) but that it was actually someone dressed up just for fun. So he wasn't afraid at all and not only accepted a gift from the jolly old elf but actually agreed to sit on his lap for the first time since he was a baby. Lyle didn't seem afraid at all, and hopped up there, too. They thanked him for their gifts and even gave him a big hug.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home