Who has time to blog??
If we seem unusually quiet this week it is because we are up to our eyeballs in home-buying preparations! Our supposedly innocent fact-finding mission last Sunday with a realtor turned up a gem of a condo on the lake in Rogers Park. We have been out again today to see a few more just to get a better sense of comparison but we've been back to it three times now and are ready to jump on this place. We are in love!
I won't go into all the fabulous details yet because, you know, we might not get it. But the sellers are apparently desperate to sell it and the market is so soft right now that our agent thinks we can strike a great deal. The sellers retired to Arizona a while back and the property has been on the market for more than 4 months. We'll put in an offer before we go to San Francisco and see what happens. More news when there's something to tell you, but in the meantime we are busily preparing for Christmas and enjoying all the last-minute holiday fun in between meetings with our agent and calls with mortgage brokers.
Never a dull moment, honest to God.
11 Comments:
Fantastic! I hope all the stars align and you get it soon, with a low down payment and lower-than-rent monthly payments, too. I'd be interested to know the address and whatnot - we used to bike and run along the lakefront path up there, so I'm sure I know the building.
Thanks! It's 1142 W. Columbia Ave. - 1 block south of Pratt, halfway down the block between Sheridan and the Lake (so east of Sheridan). There isn't a path at that point, just beach, as far as I've seen. We'll see what happens, keep wishing us luck!!
Move in now!
Love,
Your pesky new neighbors.
Hey, we're trying!! The first offer went in today! Draw the blinds because our binoculars are all ready to go, my friend, all ready to go. ;-)
I like this negotiating thing -- I may try to get them to put in an elevator to the building across the alley...
Hmm, or maybe an elevator up to the roofdeck with a built-in catapult that takes us directly into Becky and Aaron's kitchen?
Having been a spy in my previous life, I've already created a secret tunnel....
Spare a cup of sugar???
Oooh, I forgot you used to be a spook!! Heh heh.
Crikey, is there still time to back out? Either that or we're getting some window blinds that can be sealed to the windows...
Don't worry...it's only for the little ones...so they can see who's having better dinner...
Not spinach again mom!
Oh, I'm willing to bet that'll be you guys, except on French Toast Friday Night when Anya will be heard running through the tunnel to join us! ;-) Set a couple of extra chairs for Bax and Lyle!
I am so jealous. As a former RP resident, I can almost guarantee perfect happiness (oops, can I go back on the promise already?). Anyway you may have to devote the third bedroom to me over the next summer as I may spend all day sitting in Lake Michigan. Except on bacteria alert days, of course.
Post a Comment
<< Home